Delhi – Jaipur – Agra – Orchha – Khajuraho – Varanasi
A journey of the soul, this itinerary showcases some best aspects of India’s multifaceted culture, history and religious beliefs. Designed in such a way so as to offer the best cultural experience of the country, the holiday is crammed full of life changing moments, yet has enough down to for you to relax and enjoy the places you visit.
- Day 1: Arrive into Delhi, India’s capital and a true metropolis. The city has something for everyone, be it art, cuisine, adventure, lifestyle and more.
- Day 2: Discover Delhi’s dynasties through its monuments, on a full day’s sightseeing tour today. Visit New Delhi’s Parliament House and Presidents Palace; take a pedi-cab ride down old Delhi and see the beautifully preserved mausoleum of the great Mughal Emperor – Humayun and more.
- Day 3: Drive today to Jaipur, the one of the richest principalities of pre-independent India. The city, which today has grown in size, standard and offerings still retains its old world charm, with its amazing forts and palaces. Spend an evening walking through the gallis or lanes of Old Jaipur.
- Day 4: A full day in Jaipur includes visits to the majestic Amber Fort, the illusory Palace or Winds and the relatively new City Palace. Also visit the astronomer King’s brilliant Royal Observatory that has instruments that are still used to measure time.
- Day 5: Drive today to Agra. Home to the Ta Mahal, Agra is a tiny town with a huge history, having been the capital of India under the Mughal rule.
- Day 6: Today visit the Taj Mahal at sunrise enjoying the changing vistas of the monument as the sun goes higher in the sky. Also visit the erstwhile seat of power of the Mughal Empire – the Agra Fort an awe-inspiring architectural marvel that stretches over a mile and half along the banks of the Yamuna River.
- Day 7: Take a train to Jhansi, experience life on the Indian Rails. At Jhansi take a short detour to visit the little town of Orchha, famous for its palaces adjacent to the bubbling river Betwa. The continue on to Khajuraho a city famed for its intricately carved erotic temples. Watch a sound and light show at the temples today to understand the story behind the dynasty that built the beautiful temples.
- Day 8: Visit the Kandariya Mahadeo UNESCO World Heritage Site and surround Western Group temples. See the architecture and the amazing bas-relief depicted therein.
- Day 9: Fly to Varanasi, one of the world’s oldest living cities. Varanasi is one of the most pious of Hindu destinations as also the birthplace of yoga. It is the city of sunrises and saints. This evening visit Sarnath where Gautam Buddha preached sermons under to his followers. Then enjoy a soul stirring prayer ceremony on the Ganges where you watch priests invoke the Gods and seek their blessings.
- Day 10: Take a boat ride on the Ganges this morning and imbibe the true spirit of this great city. Watch as the temples, homes and schools come awake. Visit the famous Vishwanathji Ki Gali a crowded market with beautiful temples and shops selling every color of bangles. Then board your flight to Delhi.
- Day 11: Depart India early morning today or continue your adventure to a new city.
- 10 night’s accommodation with bed & breakfast throughout.
- Transfer, tours and excursion via an air-conditioned Toyota Innova.
- Meet/ assist by Key to India representative in all cities.
- Entrance charges to monuments (single entry) as specified in the itinerary.
- Elephant ride at Amber Fort in Jaipur.
- Local English Speaking Guide for tours as per the itinerary.
- Train Travel: Agra - Jhansi: Shahtabdi Express: 0811 / 1045 Hrs (Best available class).
- Current applicable Service Tax of 3.50%.
- International airfare.
- Domestic airfare (quoted as a supplement).
- Any major meals other than those mentioned in inclusions.
- Any mandatory Christmas / New Year Eve Dinner.
- Expenses of a personal nature like laundry, alcoholic and non-alcoholic beverages, any major meals in hotels or during excursions, tips at hotels and restaurants / porter charges at Railway station and airports etc.
- Any services not mentioned in the above inclusions.
- Check-in time is 2pm and check-out 12 noon.
- Hotels offered may change at the time of actual booking and if so a similar hotel in the same category will be offered.
- Twin rooms are subject to availability at the time of check in at hotel.
- This tour provides an insight into the cultures and religions of India
- You experience Hinduism, Islam and Buddhism by visiting some of their most notable sites
- Visit 7 UNESCO World Heritage Sites
- Enjoy a guided walk through the Old City of Jaipur
- See the Taj Mahal against the backdrop of a setting sun
- Visit the amazing temples & palace of Orchha, a quaint little town
- Watch a mesmerizing sound and light show at the intricately carved temples of Khajuraho
- Experience the soul stirring evening prayers on the banks of the Ganges
- Watch one of the most beautiful sunrises over the Ganges while enjoying a peaceful boat cruise
See our Terms and Conditions