Backwaters and Beaches
Kochi – Munnar - Madurai - Periyar - Kumarakom - Mararikulam
From the expressive Kathakali dancers, to the gently flowing backwaters, the majesty of the Asian elephant to a quaint tea town, this journey has all this and a perfect end at a beach resort……
Day 1: You are met by a representative upon arrival at Kochi International Airport and escorted to your hotel to check in. The day is at leisure.
Day 2: Enjoy breakfast and then a half day of sightseeing the satellite towns of Kochi (Cochin) and Ernakulam.
Day 3: Drive to Munnar, the verdant land of tea plantations. Arrive at your hotel and enjoy the rest of the morning at your leisure. During the afternoon you will be taken on a visit to the Protestant Christ Church, built in 1910 completely of stone.
Day 4: Depart from Munnar to the the Temple town, Madurai. On arrival, check-in to your hotel and enjoy some time at leisure. Early this evening, visit the fabulous Meenakshi Temple, one of the biggest temple complexes in India.
Day 5: After breakfast drive to the Periyar Wildlife Sanctuary. Periyar Wildlife Sanctuary and Tiger Reserve is a protected area in the south west of Kerala. During the evening the tour will visit a Spice Plantation.
Day 6: After breakfast, take a cruise on the Periyar Lake. This cruise is the best way to view the sanctuary.
Day 7: This morning start your drive to Alleppey where your very own Kettuvallam or houseboat awaits your arrival. The houseboat will take you through the famous Kerala backwaters traversing through paddy fields and villages, into the magnificent Vembanad Lake.
Day 8: The day is at leisure today for you to enjoy the facilities and activities offered by the hotel in Kumarakom.
Day 9: Drive to the beach destination of Marari. This is a short drive through small villages. Marari is a virgin beach located very conveniently close to Kochi.
Day 10: After a leisurely breakfast you are driven from your hotel to the Kochi International Airport to board your flight home.
- 10 night’s accommodation is on Bed and Breakfast basis.
- Transfer, Tours and Excursion by an air-conditioned Toyota Innova
- Meet / assist by Key to India representative in all cities
- Kathakali Dance in Cochin
- Visit to Bird Sanctuary in Kumarakom
- Houseboat cruise with lunch on board
- Entrance charges to monuments (Single entry) as specified in the itinerary
- Current applicable Service Tax of 3.50%
- International / Domestic Air fare
- Any major meals other than those mentioned in inclusions
- Any mandatory Christmas / New Year Eve Dinner
- Expenses of a personal nature like laundry, alcoholic and non-alcoholic beverages, any major meals in hotels or during excursions, tips at hotels and restaurants / porter charges at Railway station and airports etc.
- Any services not mentioned in the above inclusions
- Check-in time is 2pm and check-out 12 noon.
- Hotels offered may change at the time of actual booking and if so a similar hotel in the same category will be offered.
- Twin room are subject to availability at the time of check in at hotel.
- Abad Turtle Beach does not serve alcohol.
- Watch an enthralling Kathakali dance performance
- Tour the quaint town of Kochi
- Learn about tea manufacturing and the process from leaf to cup at a Tea Museum
- See one of the largest temple complexes in India – the Meenakshi temple
- Visit a spice plantation and see how Southern India has always been an important spice growing region of the world
- Take a unique safari cruise on Lake Periyar
- Enjoy a cruise through the backwaters on your very own houseboat (Kettuvallam)
- Enjoy the tranquility of the sleepy village of Kumarakom
- Visit a coir factory
- Relax on the pristine beaches of Marari
- Participate in a cookery class and try your hand at some Kerala favourites