At Key to India, we are passionate about meeting new people, getting a real feel of the places we visit, tasting new foods, and especially for having authentic travel experiences.
Key to India tours offer...
- A personalised tour of India
- Indian guides who will welcome you like family
- Friendly and passionate tour leaders
- South African tour guides that have done the tours before
- Accommodation at places that we've stayed at and loved
- Real interactions with chefs, home cooks, and markets
- Meals with local families
- A fully inclusive tour, no surprises
- Tour guides to meet you at every stop, in an air-conditioned bus
- The opportunity to have clothing made by excellent tailors, using your favourite clothing as a template
- The opportunity to buy jewellery and carpets from reputable dealers
We want you travel with us, to stay in
Haveli’s or authentic Indian homes and hotels. We want you to eat a
variety of great local food and curries. We want you to see the most
beautiful forts, temples and monuments (but not too many!), and
experience the old and new India's!
To experience a stress-free, dynamic, busy, sensory-exhilarating, and taste-bud titillating tour, join us as we personally travel with you through the many flavours, colours and extraordinary experiences of India. Every step of the way, we will be your guide to meeting wonderful people, eating the most flavoursome food, seeing the most glorious sights, and returning home with lasting memories. We promise you a holiday never to be forgotten.
Current Tours on Offer
Colours of India
A tour escorted by Gillian Key, an intrepid traveler who has visited India many times, a born artist and a perfect host, for those who love art, architecture, culture, food, photography and more. Each day brings more; just when you think there can be nothing more exotic and unusual than the previous day, something catches your eye or someone smiles at you in a way you have never experienced.
- Explore India’s Capital Mumbai. This city is full of gems from modern India.
- Visit the beautiful city
palace and enjoy Holi with a local family.
- Visit the famous Chittorgarh Fort.
- Drive to Jaipur, visiting the fort at Bundi on the way. Explore the city on elephant back.
- See the Taj Mahal and visit a workshop where artisans still continue the age old art of pietre dura.
- Take a train to Jhansi and visit the riverside temple town of Orccha, then on to Khajuraho.
- Visit the famous UNESCO World Heritage Temple Complex.
Starting Price $2000 per person*
North India Culinary Tour
- Enjoy a welcome dinner at India’s Top Rated Indian Cuisine Restaurant – Indian Accent
- Learn about different Indian cuisines from chefs and housewives
- Learn to cook dishes that have been around for centuries and also those that have been influenced by various empires
- Walk through Delhi and Mumbai with historians and food enthusiasts to learn about the region, its array of food and how they are intertwined
- Spend time in rural India, learn about farming practices and life in Indian villages
- Visit some of India’s most culturally important destinations
- Enjoy sightseeing at every destination
- Stay at lovely hotels and homes that make for a perfect holiday
- Celebrate the authentic Holi Festival of Colors
India's Golden Triangle Tour
Delhi – Agra – Jaipur
This itinerary is the quintessential India visit that has been continuing over generations. This short trip is a great introduction to India and can be added easily to a visit to any other part of the country
- Visit New Delhi, India’s capital and one of the world’s most beautiful cities’
- A full day of sightseeing of Old and New Delhi including the Qutab Minar, Humayun’s Tomb, Mahatma Gandhi’s Memorial and much more.
- Experience Jaipur abound with forts and palaces, pleasure gardens and fabulous old bazaars.
- Ride an elephant to the top of a fort palace.
- Visit the Jantar Mantar - a royal observatory
- See the famous Taj Mahal at sunset. Visit the amazing Agra Fort to get an idea of the Royal Mughal court.